Recreational Vehicles Insurance

Recreational Vehicle Insurance

Recreational vehicle insurance is highly recommended for all RV owners. It’s likely that coverage is required by your state. But even if it’s not mandatory, you should have RV insurance before taking your next road trip. When searching for RV insurance, it helps to know what class of RV fits your vehicle.

Class A: Class A RVs are the largest RVs on the road. These vehicles can weigh between 13,000 up to 30,000 pounds. This class of RV is like an actual house but on wheels. Some are simple, but others contain beds, washers, dryers, and mobile garages to transport your regular car. An RV of this size and expense definitely should have insurance coverage.

Class B: Class B RVs are relatively small in size. They usually weigh between 4,000 and 9,000 pounds. Another name for Class B RVs is a camper van. It’s generally large enough to meet basic living needs, such as bathroom, bed, and storage. There’s usually also a dining area. Since Class B RVs are smaller, they’re also easier to drive. The gas mileage is generally good, and it’s easier to find parking spaces.

Class C: Class C RVs are medium-sized. They’re not as big as Class A RVs but not as small as Class B RVs. A class C RV usually weighs between 10,000 to 13,000 pounds. This class of RV is generally preferred by people who want to go smaller than Class A, but feel that Class B is too small. Class C RVs generally provide an area for sleeping, using the bathroom, cooking, and dining. The main difference between Class A and Class C is the size of the RV.

RV Insurance
No matter the size of your RV, getting RV insurance is a wise decision. Coverage will compensate you for many things that can go wrong during travel. You might experience a kitchen fire, get vandalized, hit someone, or break down on the side of the road. You’ll receive help with all of these issues and more when you have RV insurance.